Monday, October 24, 2011

It Takes Time


I love living at the lake! The only bad thing about it is that the storms are way more intense than in the city. The thunderstorms and lightening strikes are PAWsitively frightening. You see, I am terrified of loud noises. Thunder and firecrackers are the worst. I anxiously wander around the house nudging anything in my path (lamps, chairs, and items on coffee tables).

I am fortunate though. Char and Chris give me lots of SuPAWt while I do my pacing. They have discovered that they can sometimes distract me with games like hide and seek with my toys. It doesn't always work though. If my toys don't get my attention then they turn on music and try to mask the noise of the storm for me.

We all have things that make us uncomfortable. We can't always avoid those things, sometimes we just have to face them. Usually, we need the help and suPAWt of our FURiends to face our fears. Know what? Now that Chris and Char have been helping me face my fear of storms I have gotten better at coping with them. I have come a long way over the years...progress takes time, PAWtience, and accepting help


No comments:

Post a Comment