Friday, April 23, 2010

Volunteering from the Heart




It is hard to believe that I have already been volunteering as a Pet Assisted Therapy Dog for more than two years. Wednesdays are my favorite day because I am living my passion and purpose as a volunteer. This week the hospital recognized my volunteer efforts with a lovely card, and a gift card for Pet Smart (my favorite store). Volunteering from the Heart is about connecting with people, making a difference and about being fully present! I know the patients appreciate me being there on Wednesdays, but, I also value and appreciate them. They make a difference in my life!



My new book “On Toby’s Terms” published by Bettie Youngs Books (www.bettieyoungsbooks.com) will be in bookstores September 27, 2010. Order your advance copy through Amazon at http://www.amazon.ca/Tobys-Terms-Story-Love-Purpose/dp/0984308148/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271983227&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment